“I want to develop my leadership potential towards serving society by undertaking local projects thus improving the quality of life.
Mr. Ashim Sigdel
I’m an ever learner passionate, I believe in determination & diligence.
Pokhara Lekhnath 27, Kaski, Nepal
Bachelor’s degree in Technology of Food Science, B. Tech (Food)
Awards & Achievements
Awarded for full scholarship € 2,000.00 for the International Food Safety & Quality Training, CEEP,Government of Italy, Cremona, 2015
Awarded for Success Story of National Food Activism 2013 (video link) on National youths for R&D Workshop, LIBIRD, 15-16 June 2014
Awarded for the successful co-ordination, management & leadership on the mega event of National FOOD ACTIVISM 2013, DFTQC, NEFOSTA & FONAC
Best Presentation at World water Day: 2015, seminar on water quality and sustainable development, NAST.
ACADEMIC RESEARCH & PUBLICATION
- Scientific Paper Presentation on, Food Safety Governance: Contemporary issues and practices of Nepal, T. University, International Workshop on Science & Education, 2015
- Scientific Poster Presentation on Research Workshop of Underutilized Crop, Bioversity Int’l & Biodiversity Research Organization, Pokhara, Nepal 2015
- Scientific Poster Presentation on World Water Day- 2015, Seminar on Water Quality and Sustainable Development Nepal Academy of Science & Technology (NAST) Kathmandu
- Published scientific article entitled Appraisement of Arsenic in ground water and its impact in human health: A pavement for sustainable development, Nepal Academy of Science and technology (Article in Press)
- United Nations Youths and Students’ Association of Nepal (UNYSAN) 2015, General Member
Deepshikha Technical Youth Committee, Lekhnath Municipality, 2015, President
- Pokhara Bigyan Prabidhi Campus Research Forum, Co-ordinator for Students’ Group
- Founder President/ Advisory of Nepal Food Technology Students’ Association, NEFTSA, Pokhara (2011- till)
- Casual Technical Facilitator at ” Federation of Milk Producers Association of Lekhnath” for SAFETY & QUALITY
Concept Note: Food safety for Prosperity
According to IFC Research, 70% of tourist had some kind of food and water borne problems associated with travel to Nepal.
Agro-Food system has a significant role in the sustainable development of the Nation with the Healthy green and fair food system. we can assures on Health, environment and economic sustainability; there is no denial to this fact. Considering to this realism, We aspirant Students’ of Food science and Technology involving in Nepal Food Technology Students’Association at Pokhara Bigyan Tatha Prabidhi Campus are propounding to launch a Safety Programme on Food system in Pokhara.
Pokhara being a Tourist area, there is a higher impact of malpractices and misleading behavior in Food system. The system of Agro food market policy for green, healthy and Nutritious food is demolishing day by day. Unhygienic and contaminated environment even in Hospitals, Public Zones and Tourist area is reflecting our reality in international community. Inhumane act of adulteration, has raised a Big question to Human right issue? Needless to talk about the unhygienic street food market, which will certainly results the devastating situation in coming future. Therefore a revolution is necessary in this instance, Nepal Food Technology students’ Association at Pokhara Bigyan Tatha Prabidhi Campus has initiated this event for the systematic practices in Agro Food system in Pokhara; हाम्रो पोखरा राम्रो पोखरा.
Some of the major programs are forwarded to make general public, society, Tourism Professionals, and student’s awareness on various issues in food and food system currently prevalent are given below.
I. To Improve knowledge status on 2CC (Cold Chain and Cross Contamination) on farmyards at a local level.
II. To aware an entire mass of population on local level consequences of chemicals, pesticides, Veterinary residue, growth hormone on human health through media &Blogging.
III. To Initiate awareness Programme on “Food safety for Tourism Security & Prosperity” targeted to HOTEL AND RESTAURANT at Lakeside.
Ashim Sigdel is a aspirant research graduate from Pokhara Bigyan Tatha Prabidhi Campus. He was an initator of “Food Safety for Prosperity” in Pokhara & Lekhnath Municipality.
“Emphasis must be given to the Agro– Food System for the sustainable melioration in Public Health & in Agro-Tourism aspect”.