Short Description of the Programme
Programme : Food Activism -2013, Pokhara (Food and Nutrition awareness rally & Photo Exhibition)
Date : Dec 17 2013
Theme : Food and Nutritional Security Today’s Necessity
Organizer : Nepal Food Technology Students’ Association,Regional College of Science and Technology
Sponsers (Main) : Regional College of Science/Health Science and Technology, Pokhara Chamber of Commerce and Industry & Laxmi group Pvt.Ltd
Sponsers : Pokhara Sub-Metropolitian & Fishtail Dairy Pvt.Ltd
Promoters : Child Health Education and Save Society Nepal CHESS,Nepal,Local Initative for Biodiversity Research and Development (LiBird),Pokhara, Food and Nutrition awareness (FONAC) Disable and Helpless Rehabilitaion Service Centre (DHRSS)
Suppoters : View your Choice (Out Reach Partner), TAAN, Springly mineral water,
Gaurishankar Foods, RGI
Co-ordinator : Ashim Sigdel NEFTSA ReCOST Advisory 2nd executive
Chairman : Mohan R. Gautam President NEFTSA Recost 2nd executive
Venue : Regional College of Science and Technology for awareness rally and Chipledhunga B.p chowk for Photo Exhibition Programme.
Detail of the Programme
There are two major goals of the food activism programme
1. Awareness among students, poor citizens and general public including stakeholders.
2. Promotion of Underutilized Nutraceutical food and Nepalese Indigenous Food.
1. The core objective is to increase public awareness about problem of hunger,malnutrition, unhygienic food practices and adulterated food.
2. To explore the nutritional value of underutilized crops for the mitigation of Nutritional insecurity.
3. For the Promotion of Nepalese Indigenous food; Indigenous foodpreneurship to reduce poverty.
4. Encourage and inspire the government and concerned authority to ways forward to achieve Millennium Development Goals by the targeted 2015 A.D.
5. To Focus on local authorities for the regular market inspection to assure on food safety.
6. To emphasized on general public in Hygienic practices in preparing food.
7. To aware entire mass of population about consequences of chemicals and pesticides on human health.